Use Guide and Troubleshooting Tips:
1″ Extender for Credit Card Reader
Thank you for buying this product!
Uses: This product is specially made for the purpose of extending the credit card reader away from the phone so that it can be used with a phone case on. Even the thinest phone cases mold tight to the headphone jack, causing the bulky credit card readers to not be able to be inserted fully.
Confirmed to work with:
- Phones and tablets:
- Iphone 3GS, 4, 4S, 5, 5S, 5C, 6, 6 Plus, 6S, 6S Plus, SE (Does not work with iPhone 7 or 7 plus as there is no headphone jack)
- All iPad, iPad air, iPad mini and iPad pro models
- All iPod Touch models
- Most android devices
- Not compatible with Samsung Galaxy with Square reader
- All Otterbox cases
- Any case that leaves a 6.5mm diameter or greater space around the headphone jack whole (1.5mm extra space around the hole)
- CONFIRMED NOT TO WORK WITH LIFEPROOF CASES
- Credit card readers:
- Pay Anywhere
- Bank of America
Because of all the systems involved in using the product, the credit card system, the phone, the headphone jack and the extender, there are frequently issues not necessarily caused by this extender that arise when using it.
- Ensure the reader works first without the case or extender on your phone.
- Snuggly fit the extender tightly into the reader PRIOR to putting it into the headphone jack of your phone. Make sure it is inserted fully on the reader and into the phone. Sometimes getting it to work the first time takes a little fiddling but then it should work like a charm!
- Ensure there is not excess lint or dirt in your headphone jack.
- Follow on screen instructions in the POS credit card reading application.
- Ensure the application is authorized to use your microphone.
Reader specific tips:
- Follow on screen instructions (ensure the Square app is authorized to use your microphone, location services and push notifications)
- Go to settings in the Square app and click on “Card Readers” under hardware. Now plug the extender with the reader into the phone. Wait 30 seconds or so and the app should display a pop-up that says the reader is ready to accept payments. The card readers page should show your magstripe or chip reader is ready to swipe at the top of the page. If this does not occur unplug the reader, close and restart the application and try the steps again.
- Ready the sale and you should be ready to swipe!
- Follow on screen instructions (authorize Paypal to use your microphone)
- How to connect:
Plug the card reader into the audio jack of your mobile phone or tablet. When you are logged into the app, the card reader will automatically connect.
You can test the reader by swiping a credit card. From the main app menu, go to Card Readers, tap Tutorials, and then tap Practice Swiping.
- Troubleshooting: Remove your case and re-insert the card reader into the headphone jack (check for dust or lint in the jack). Securely attach the card reader to your mobile phone or tablet by sliding it down firmly until it locks into place. Check the magnetic stripe on the back of the card and make sure it isn’t damaged or scratched. Swipe the entire card in one smooth, continuous motion. Check your device’s volume limit. Go to Settings, select Music, and make sure Volume Limit is turned OFF. Close and re-launch the PayPal Here app.
- For all other reader types follow on screen instructions and follow our general instructions.
If you are still unable to get the system to work with our extender contact us via email at: