- Pocket-sized, lightweight vial
- Color chart protected in splash-proof plastic vial
- 100 Strips per vial | Color chart block at: 10, 50, 100, and 200 ppm
- Perfect for testing chlorine sanitizers and avoiding hefty board of health fines!
This Chlorine Test Paper provides a simple, reliable, and economical means to measure the concentration of free available chlorine in sanitizing solutions.The Chlorine Test Paper measures total available chlorine from 0-200ppm, and give results in just seconds. Total available chlorine is the sum of free available chlorine and the combined available chlorine. Our chlorine test paper is most often used to test the strength of solutions used to sanitize surfaces, for example, in the restaurant industry. In these types of applications, bleach is usually used to generate the available chlorine.
When using bleach as a cleaner, it must be diluted before use, and it will work best in the pH range of 5-7.
1. Use dry fingers to remove a chlorine test paper strip from the vial.
2. Dip the test strip into the solution to be tested, and do not agitate.
3. Remove and compare to the color chart immediately.
NOTE: The strip will darken over time, so it is best to compare to the color chart as directed. In addition, if two strips are stuck together, the color will be darker. Lastly, if you lay the strip against the vial when comparing to the color chart, it will also darken the color. The color chart was created by holding a strip in the air next to the vial.
NOTE: If you believe that the solution contains chlorine, but the test the strip is white after dipping, you may be seeing what is referred to as the “bleaching out effect.” At high concentrations of bleach, the available chlorine will overwhelm the indicators used in the strips. If this happens, instead of developing a purple color the strip will very quickly turn to white. The best indicator of this effect is the presence of a thin blue line on the strip separating the wet portion from the dry portion of the strip.
|Dimensions||4 × 3 × 0.71 in|
|Technical Information Sheet||Click Here|