Scientific Glucose Test Strips, 0-3000 mg/dL [Bag of 50 Plastic Strips] for Food Science or Osmosis/Diffusion Experiments
The Glucose test paper detects 0-3000 mg/dL glucose. The strip can be used to measure glucose levels in osmosis/diffusion experiments and food science studies. These strips are specific to glucose. You will not get a reaction with soft drinks or regular sugar since these are mainly fructose or sucrose.
The strips are sensitive enough to detect the glucose from the breakdown of starch. These strips are not intended for medical diagnosis or for testing glucose in urine. Instructions
Remove one glucose test strip from the amber bag.
Reseal the bag as soon as possible.
Do not touch the test pad with your fingers.
Completely immerse the test pad into the specimen for 1-2 seconds.,/br> Run the test strip along the edge of the container to remove excess liquid.
Compare to the color chart after 3 minutes
NOTE: In solutions containing oxidizers, a false positive may be observed.
NOTE: The glucose test strips use an enzyme that is specific for glucose. In order for the enzyme to work properly, the glucose needs to undergo mutarotation. Ensure the glucose has been dissolved in the water solution for at least 3 hours, to ensure that the mutarotation process has occurred.
- Used to measure glucose levels in osmosis/diffusion experiments or food science studies
- Made in USA and Packed in a UV Resistant Bag of 50 Plastic Test Strips,
- Color chart has blocks at 0, 100, 300, 1000 and 3000 mg/dL
- This strip only tests for glucose dissolved in liquids You will not get a reaction with soft drinks or regular sugar since these are composed mainly of fructose, galactose, or sucrose.
- The test strip uses an enzyme that is specific for glucose. In order for the enzyme to work properly, the glucose needs to undergo mutarotation. In water samples, this process can take up to 3 hours.
|Dimensions||.5 × 3 × 4 in|